UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) is a new and safe nucleic acid stain, an alternative to the traditional ethidium bromide (EtBr) stain for detecting nucleic acid in agarose gels. It emits green fluorescence when bound to DNA or RNA. This new stain has two fluorescence excitation maxima when bound to nucleic acid, one centered at 309 nm and another at 419 nm. In addition, it has one visible excitation at 514 nm. The fluorescence emission of UniSafe Dye bound to DNA is centered at 537 nm. UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) is as sensitive as EtBr. The staining protocol for UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) is similar to that for EtBr. UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) had a negative result in mouse marrow chromophilous erythrocyte micronucleus test and also in mouse spermary spermatocyte chromosomal aberration test. So it is wise to choose UniSafe Dye Nucleic acid Staining Solution (20,000x) instead of EtBr for detecting nucleic acids in agarose gels.
- Used for detecting double-strand DNA and single-stranded RNA
- Alternative to the ethidium bromide staining
- As sensitive as EtBr or more sensitive than that
- Non-toxic, non-mutagenic and non-carcinogenic
- No hazard waste
- UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) 1 ml
- Store at room temperature and stable for 12 months.
- For more stable use, should store at 4℃ (Stable for 24 months).
- Visualization of DNA and RNA bands during agarose gel electrophoresis
- Isolation of DNA fragments for subcloning without introducing mutations normally caused by EtBr.
Considerations Before Use
- UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staing Solution (20,000x) is non-carcinogenic but may cause skin and eye irritations. Please wear gloves when working with the product.
1. Prepare 100 ml of agarose gel solution (concentration from 0.8~3 %) in a 250 ml flask and mix it thoroughly. Place the flask in the microwave, heat in until the solution is completely clear (about 2~3 minutes). Note: The thickness of gel should be less than 0.5 cm since thick gels may decrease sensitivity.
2. Add 5 ㎕ of UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) to the agarose solution. Swirl the flask gently to mix the solution and avoid forming bubbles.
3. While the agarose solution cools, pour it into the gel tray until the comb teeth are immersed about 1/4~1/2 into the agarose. Note: Repeated melting of gels containing UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) may result in low sensitivity.
4. Allow the agarose gel to cool until solidified. Load samples on the gel and perform electrphoresis.
5. Detect the bands under UV illumination. Note: UniSafe Dye Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) allows visualization of DNA(>50 ng) in the agarose gel under visible light. This eliminates the need for exposure to UV light, which may nick and damage DNA. The intact DNA fragments purified from agarose gel can increase the efficiency of subsequent molecular biology manipulations such as cloning, transformation, and transcription.
All products we sell are covered solely by the manufacturer's warranty. Warranty information is included with the product and is subject to the conditions set forth by the manufacturer. We include such information in the product details for each item, when ever available. The manufacturer warrants their products are free from defects in material and workmanship. Repair or replacement may be issued for any product which is found to be defective under the terms of this warranty. Wholesale Point will assist with warranty issued within the first 14 days of product purchase. After that time the product manufacturer must be contacted directly to address all warranty issues. In many cases, the manufacturer can diagnose and resolve product concerns over the phone. For more information or to obtain contact information for the manufacturer, please call us +1(786) 420-2018.
Purchasing & Delivery
We take pride in making sure your order gets out quickly. We carefully check every item before shipping and we give extra care to our packaging to make sure every item arrives safely. Orders normally ship via UPS Ground, FedEx, or USPS within 1-2 days when in stock. Some items are drop shipped from the manufacturer and can take a little longer. For your convenience, whenever we ship an order, we electronically mail a shipping confirmation notice including the tracking number from UPS, FedEx, USPS, or a local delivery service.
Drop Ship OrdersOrders that are drop shipped from the manufacturer are subject to the manufacturer's availability and shipping schedule. Some items are special order or built-to-order and can take an average of 5-7 business days to ship. We make reasonable attempts to provide and display a shipping lead time on each product we sell. If you have any questions about our shipping policy or would like to know the availability or lead time on a specific drop ship product please feel free to contact us via our Contact Us Page. If you would like a drop shipped item expedited, please place your order by phone to guarantee your order can be expedited.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, American Express, and Discover.
Please note: When the checkout/customer details section asks for your "personal information", please enter your full name and billing address. The name and address you enter must match the information you have on file with your credit card provider, or the order will not be authorized. If your credit card gets declined for any reason, a charge may show pending on your account. This charge will fall off usually within 24-48 hours depending on your bank.