Especially designed for low throughput laboratory workflows, Minilys homogenizes three samples simultaneously in 0.5ml or 2 ml tubes and one sample in 7 ml tubes.
Minilys is a compact and flexible tissue homogenizer to meet particular sample preparation needs for all laboratories working with biological samples.
Especially designed to offer optimal grinding, lysing and homogenizing efficiency, Minilys is capable of handling 3 x 2mL/0.5mL tubes or 1 x 7mL tube to process any type of samples. Its manual but not screw-in locking system makes Minilys an easy-pick-up laboratory instrument.
Affordable, Minilys offers the best personal homogenization solution.
Minilys is ideal for daily lab workflow. Associated with the appropriate lysing kit, Minilys can even grind difficult samples like grains or hairs.
Watch Video - Small and compact, Minilys requires minimal bench space in your laboratory.
Especially designed for low-throughput laboratory workflows and personal use, Minilys homogenizes three samples simultaneously in 0.5ml/2 ml tubes or 1 sample in 7 ml.
- from 1 to 3 x 2mL, 0.5mL or 1.5mL tubes
- 1 x 7mL tube
- 3000, 4000 & 5000 rpm
- Manual (no screw-in system)
- from 5s to 240s
- 17lb / 7 kg
- Length 180mm x Width 290mm x Height 380mm
- 100 – 230 VAC / 50-60 Hz / Power 1 kVA
- less than 70 dB
- CE and FCC part 15 certified
- Minilys offers the possibility to process either 3 x 0.5, 1.5 or 2mL tubes at once or 1 x 7mL tube.
- With only two parameters to choose from (speed and time) the Minilys is operational immediately. The non screw-in system to block the tubes makes the Minilys easy-to-use.
- Minilys is the only small homogenizer based on 3D motion that reaches 5 000rpm. This speed allows users to grind even hard samples like skin or hair.
The Minilys is the only personal homogenizer based on a 8-figure 3D-motion (multi-directional) movement of the tubes. The same high level of energy given to the beads inside each tube ensures equal homogenization efficiency for all processed samples. Thanks to this complex movement, the Minilys can disrupt any type of sample (even the hardest) in seconds with perfect reproducibility while limiting heat generation. The system used to secure the tubes is manual and very easy to use compared to a screw-in system that can be awkward.
Abstracts of some application notes related to Minilys.
To access all application notes and full versions, visit the Application Center.
- Protein extraction from mouse soft tissues, Immunotherapix, Paris, France, Pharmaceutical sciences (code: 03712-810-DU048)
- RNA extraction from Arabidopsis with Minilys, Institute of Plant Molecular Biology – CNRS, Univ. of Strasbourg, France, Agronomy (code: 03712-810-DU049)
- Mycoviral double-stranded RNA extraction from plant leaf with Minilys, Tokyo University of Agricultural and Technology, Institute of Agriculture, division of Bio-regulation and Bio-interaction, Japan, Agronomy (code: 03712-810-DU051)
- Drug extraction from whole iris-ciliary body pork, PharmOptima, Portage MI, USA, Pharmaceutical sciences (code: 03712-810-DU056)
- RNA Extraction from Mouse Tissues using the Minilys, Cystic Fibrosis and Pulmonary Research Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, Biomedical & Health sciences (code: 03712-810-DU078)
Register for the Application Center and access more than 1000 scientific references.
Microtube adapter set: This option for Minilys allows users to process up to 3 microtubes of 1.5mL at once. 7mL rack Specific rack to handle 12 x 7mL tubes at once Centrifuge adaptor for 7mL tubes Specific adaptor to put 7mL tubes in a centrifuge instead of 15mL Falcon tubes
All products we sell are covered solely by the manufacturer's warranty. Warranty information is included with the product and is subject to the conditions set forth by the manufacturer. We include such information in the product details for each item, when ever available. The manufacturer warrants their products are free from defects in material and workmanship. Repair or replacement may be issued for any product which is found to be defective under the terms of this warranty. Wholesale Point will assist with warranty issued within the first 14 days of product purchase. After that time the product manufacturer must be contacted directly to address all warranty issues. In many cases, the manufacturer can diagnose and resolve product concerns over the phone. For more information or to obtain contact information for the manufacturer, please call us +1(786) 420-2018.
Purchasing & Delivery
We take pride in making sure your order gets out quickly. We carefully check every item before shipping and we give extra care to our packaging to make sure every item arrives safely. Orders normally ship via UPS Ground, FedEx, or USPS within 1-2 days when in stock. Some items are drop shipped from the manufacturer and can take a little longer. For your convenience, whenever we ship an order, we electronically mail a shipping confirmation notice including the tracking number from UPS, FedEx, USPS, or a local delivery service.
Drop Ship OrdersOrders that are drop shipped from the manufacturer are subject to the manufacturer's availability and shipping schedule. Some items are special order or built-to-order and can take an average of 5-7 business days to ship. We make reasonable attempts to provide and display a shipping lead time on each product we sell. If you have any questions about our shipping policy or would like to know the availability or lead time on a specific drop ship product please feel free to contact us via our Contact Us Page. If you would like a drop shipped item expedited, please place your order by phone to guarantee your order can be expedited.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, American Express, and Discover.
Please note: When the checkout/customer details section asks for your "personal information", please enter your full name and billing address. The name and address you enter must match the information you have on file with your credit card provider, or the order will not be authorized. If your credit card gets declined for any reason, a charge may show pending on your account. This charge will fall off usually within 24-48 hours depending on your bank.